Chemical Peels Patient Information and Pre Treatment Instructions
Benefits of a Chemical Peel
- Chemical peels can be virtually painless. A slight tingling/warm sensation may occur for about 30 seconds during the application of the peel.
- The treatment process takes 20 minutes or less.
- Patients may experience fine, flaky peeling up to 10 days after treatment.
- Your regular skin care routine can be continued after the peeling process is complete.
- There is a peels for all skin types.
Instructions Prior to Procedure
- Notify us if you have a history of herpes simplex (cold sores). You may need pre-treatment with an anti-viral medication.
- Avoid using alpha hydroxy acid products, such as glycolic or lactic acid, or salicylic products for 48 hours before peel.
- Discontinue use of Retin-A or other topical acne or anti-aging products for 48 hours prior.
- Avoid ultraviolet (UV) radiation from the sun and artificial light sources – such as tanning beds and sun lamps for 4 weeks prior to your peel.
- Women: Avoid waxing, electrolysis, or shaving for a minimum of 48 hours before peel.
- Men: Do not shave the day of your peel.