Dermapen is intended to stimulate the skin for natural collagen induction. It helps with absorption of active ingredients, skin tightening, rejuvenation, acne scars, wrinkles, and fine lines. It can also minimize pore size, improve stretch mark appearance, and improve alopecia.
Treatment typically results in minimal downtime, with most patients experiencing redness for 12-48 hours after treatment.
Depending on the issue you are targeting, you may require 4-8 treatments for optimal results. Treatments are recommended 4-6 weeks apart.
Pre Treatment Instructions
1. Notify us if you have a history of herpes simplex (cold sores). You will be pre-treated with an anti-viral medication prior to treatment.
2. Prior to treatment, it is preferable for you to be using a sun block containing zinc oxide.
3. Avoid prolonged sun exposure, tanning beds, tanning creams, and sunless tanning lotions for four weeks prior to treatment. A commitment to stay out of the sun is necessary. Sun exposure may cause certain complications such as the possibility of blistering and/or hyperpigmentation.
4. Avoid the use of skin irritants (Vitamin A derivatives or alpha or beta hydroxyl acids) for three to five days prior to treatment. Thereafter, you should resume a beneficial skin care plan to enhance your results.
5. Avoid rigorous exercise for 24 hours after treatment.